Check-in is after 4:00PM
Unless early check-in was confirmed and paid for prior to arrival. If this is your first time staying with us, verifying your ID may be required for access to the home.
Guests staying in keyless homes will not come to the office for check-in. You may go directly to the home once you receive your text that the home is ready for your arrival. Read our troubleshooting guide for additional information.
For homes with physical keys, you may proceed to the office to pick up your keys to the home once you receive the text that the home is ready for your arrival. If you will be arriving after our office has closed, your check-in packet will be left in the After-Hours Exchange box if your balance is paid in full and we have your signed lease. These boxes are located beside each office's main entrance door.
To find out if your home has keys or keyless entry:
- Go to your home’s listing on our website.
- Scroll down to the "Amenities".
- If the home has keyless entry, it will show under Featured Amenities. (If you do not see this listed, then the home has physical keys.)
You will receive a text message when the home is ready. If you arrive in the area early, please refrain from going to the home or parking in the driveway until you receive the text. Parking at the home could delay or stop services from being completed.
Looking for things to do while you wait for your vacation home to be ready? Kick off your OBX vacation by hitting the beach, taking a walk around town, grabbing a bite to eat, going shopping, etc. Browse the Travel Guide
Maintenance and pool-service may still be ongoing when you arrive at the home. Please allow the technicians to complete their work before entering. Do not get in a pool or hot tub unless it has been serviced.
For reservations that include linens, beds will be made with fitted sheet, flat sheet, and. pillowcases. Comforters and blankets are not washed in between every guest. You are welcome to launder prior to using if it fits in the washing machine and dryer at the home. Please do not overload.
Check-out is at 10:00 am without exception.
Please make sure all of the following items are addressed prior to your departure:
- Tidy up inside - wipe down counters and tables, put items back that may have been moved, and try to leave the home like you found it as best you can.
- Remove all food from the refrigerator and set temperature to medium.
- Load and start the dishwasher.
- Please leave all linens on beds and towels in the rooms for which they were provided. Fold and place any extra blankets back in the closet.
- Place all trash in the home's outdoor trash receptacles and roll the receptacles to the curb, if applicable. Some communities offer trash roll-out service. Please see this this page for information regarding roll in/roll out instructions for your specific location.
- Check all rooms, closets, dressers, and outside areas for personal belongings. Twiddy is not responsible for lost items.
- Tidy up outside including the decks, yard, and pool area, if applicable.
- Clean the grill with the brush provided.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Set thermostat to 72° for air conditioning in warm months or 55° for heat in cool months.
- Return keys to your check-in office. Please note there is a $5.00 charge for lost keys. For keyless entry homes, you do not need to come to our office for check-out, but entry codes will expire at 10:00 am.
- For guests staying on the 4x4 late April to October, please ensure the 4x4 beach parking passes are placed back in the red envelope on the kitchen counter at the end of your stay.
A limited number of 1:00 pm check-ins are available for a nominal fee. Requests must be made by contacting our office and paid for in advance prior to arrival. We cannot offer this service for certain homes, including those with seven or more bedrooms or homes occupied by owners the preceding week. Please contact our office to confirm availability and arrange to have early check-in added to your reservation.