Check-in begins at 4:00PM
Unless early check-in was confirmed and paid for prior to arrival.
Guests staying in keyless homes will not come to the office for check-in. You may go directly to the home once you receive your text that the home is ready for your arrival. Read our troubleshooting guide for additional information.
In an effort to limit contact, we will be offering curbside check-in at our Duck and Corolla office for homes with physical keys. You may proceed to the office to pick up your keys to the home once you receive the text that the home is ready for your arrival. If you will be arriving after our office has closed, your check-in packet will be left in the After-Hours Exchange box if your balance is paid in full and we have your signed lease. These boxes are located beside each office's main entrance door.
To find out if your home has keys or keyless entry:
- Go to your home’s listing on our website.
- Scroll down to the "Amenities".
- If the home has keyless entry, it will show under Featured Amenities. (If you do not see this listed, then the home has physical keys.)
You will receive a text message when the home is ready. If you arrive in the area early, please refrain from going to the home or parking in the driveway until you receive the text. Parking at the home could delay or stop services from being completed.
In order to maintain proper social distancing, we also ask that you refrain from waiting at our offices so that guests who need to pick up their keys may do so safely and comfortably. Looking for things to do? Hit the beach, take a walk, grab a bite to eat, etc. Browse the Travel Guide
Maintenance and pool-service may still be ongoing when you arrive at the home. Please allow the technicians to complete their work before entering. Do not get in a pool or hot tub unless it has been serviced.
Blankets and/or Comforters will be placed in the closets and will not be on the beds. We encourage you to bring your own warmth layer. If you would like to use the blanket or comforter in the closet, please launder prior to using.
Check-out is at 10:00 am without exception.
Please make sure all of the following items are addressed prior to your departure:
- Remove all food from the refrigerator; set temperature to medium.
- Please leave all linens on beds and towels in the rooms for which they were provided.
- Place all trash in the home's outdoor trash receptacles and roll them to the curb the night before the scheduled collection day since trash pick-up occurs in the early morning hours. Some communities offer trash roll-out service. For current trash collection schedules and information, please refer to the trash and recycling section of our troubleshooting guide.
- Load and start the dishwasher.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Set thermostat to 72° for air conditioning or 55° for heat.
- Check all rooms, closets, dressers, and outside areas for personal belongings. Twiddy is not responsible for lost items.
- Tidy up outside including the decks, yard, and pool area, if applicable.
- Clean the grill with the brush provided.
- Return keys to your check-in office. Please note there is a $5.00 charge for lost keys. Guests departing keyless entry homes do not need to come to our office for check-out, but entry codes will expire at 10:00 am.
A limited number of 1:00 pm check-ins are available for a nominal fee. Requests must be made by contacting our office and paid for in advance prior to arrival. We cannot offer this service for certain homes, including those with seven or more bedrooms or homes occupied by owners the preceding week. Please contact our office to confirm availability and arrange to have early check-in added to your reservation.