Check-in is at 4:00 pm unless early check-in was confirmed and paid for prior to arrival.
Check-out time is 10:00 am for all homes without exception. Departure instructions are in the Twiddy Guest Directory that each guest receives at check-in. Each office has an After-Hours Exchange box for early departures.
The office location at which you will check-in is listed on your Vacation Rental Agreement and can also be found by logging in to your Guest Account.
Duck Office Check-ins:
Home number prefixes A-G. The Duck office street address is 1181 Duck Road - Duck, NC 27949.
Corolla Office Check-ins:
Home number prefixes GOL-V. The Corolla office street address is: 1142 Ocean Trail - Corolla, NC 27927. The Corolla mailing address is PO Box 369 - Corolla, NC 27927.
Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head Check-ins:
Guests staying in Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head homes will check-in at your vacation home. Your vacation home’s address is listed on your Vacation Rental Agreement, your vacation home’s page on twiddy.com, and can also be found by logging in to your Guest Account. The leaseholder will also recieve check-in information via email a couple days before the arrival date.
Late Arrivals & After-Hours Check-ins:
If you will be arriving after our office has closed, your check-in packet will be left in the After-Hours Exchange box if your balance is paid in full and we have your signed lease. These boxes are located beside each office's main entrance door. Your check-in packet will contain keys or key code, address and directions to the home, after-hours emergency phone number, and any other pertinent information you may need to get into the home.
Check-out is at 10:00 am without exception. Please make sure all of the following items are addressed prior to your departure:
- Remove all food from the refrigerator; set temperature to medium.
- Please leave all linens on beds and towels in the rooms for which they were provided.
- Place all trash in the home's outdoor trash receptacles and roll them to the curb the night before the scheduled collection day since trash pick-up occurs in the early morning hours. Some communities offer trash roll-out service. Please see page 6 of your Guest Directory for current trash collection information.
- Load and start the dishwasher.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Set thermostat to 72° for air conditioning or 55° for heat.
- Check all rooms, closets, dressers, and outside areas for personal belongings. Twiddy is not responsible for lost items.
- Tidy up outside including the decks, yard, and pool area, if applicable.
- Clean the grill with the brush provided.
- Return keys to your check-in office. Please note there is a $5.00 charge for lost keys. Guests departing keyless entry homes do not need to come to our office for check-out, but entry codes will expire at 10:00 am.
A limited number of 1:00 pm check-ins are available. Requests must be made and confirmed by phone and paid for in advance of arrival. The fee for early check-in is $110.00 plus tax. We cannot offer this service for certain homes, including those with seven or more bedrooms or homes occupied by owners the preceding week.
Keys & Keyless Entry
Upon arrival, you will receive two keys in your check-in packet. Return keys to your check-in office by 10:00am on the day of departure.
Upon arrival, you will receive a keyless entry code in your check-in packet. Codes are active at 4:00pm on the day of arrival, or at 1:00pm if early check-in was previously arranged.
Guests departing keyless entry homes do not need to come to our office for check-out, but entry codes will expire at 10:00am on day of your departure. Each office has an After-Hours Exchange box for early departures.
Deadbolt Style Lock Operating Instructions
Enter your code as shown on your packet (XXXXX including * or #) and push the handle down to unlock the door.
Automatically locks when door is closed.
Lever Style Lock Operating Instructions
Enter your code as shown on your packet (XXXXX including * or #) and turn the knob.
Turn the knob.
Touchscreen Lock Operating Instructions
- Press the * key on the touchscreen or place your entire hand over the screen.
- The screen will light up.
- Enter your PIN and press *.
- The lock will automatically unlock for you.
- Press down on the lever to open the door.
Use the same unlocking sequence above, but instead enter 123456 and press *. This will inform us that you have left the property.
Your PIN code is used to access the property for the duration of your visit and may be used by all members of your party.
4x4 Beach Driving
Keep the following tips in mind for an extraordinary 4x4 beach experience that is second to none:
- A 4-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle is required. All-Wheel Drive (AWD) vehicles are not recommended due to low ground clearance.
- Always arrive before dark because the beach is more difficult to navigate at night.
- Bring a tire-pressure gauge. We recommend lowering your tire pressure to 18-20 psi. Free air hoses are available in Twiddy’s Corolla office parking lot to re-inflate your tires.
- Check area tide charts prior to arrival. Low tide is ideal for beach driving. Tide charts are available at Twiddy’s Corolla office.
- Avoid driving through the surf, as salt water is extremely corrosive.
- Follow all posted speed limits (35 mph or 15 mph when within 300 feet of pedestrians or wild horses).
- Watch for children, pets, and parked vehicles while driving on the 4x4 beaches. Look out for tree stumps sticking out as well. Cedar and live oak stumps from an ancient maritime forest make their appearance on the beach during certain times of the year.
- Avoid driving through standing water on the back roads. If you encounter areas of standing water, carefully drive around the edge of the puddles or seek an alternate route to reach your destination.
- Drive on the hard-packed sand near the edge of the water or close to the dunes. Keep the middle of the beach open for parked vehicles and beachgoers.
- All parked vehicles should be in the middle of the beach (east of the dune line and west of the hard-packed sand near the water's edge). Do not block the flow of traffic with chairs, coolers, fishing lines or other items.
- Always be alert for moving vehicles when walking across the hard-packed sand.
- No vehicle of any type may park or unload at the North Beach Access at any time. You must park or unload past the 1/2-mile mark. VIOLATORS WILL BE TOWED.
- Drivers must be 16 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- ATVs are NOT permitted by non-residents.
- Currituck County does not allow personal motorized watercraft on the ocean. Jet skis and personal motorboats are allowed on the Currituck Sound. The closest boat ramp is located at Whalehead in Historic Corolla Park.