Pet Friendly Outer Banks Vacation Rentals
The entire family deserves an OBX vacation, even man's best friend! Your four-legged family members can look forward to a variety of activities from an oceanfront game of fetch in Corolla, to long walks through Nags Head Woods; even a number of shops and restaurants are open to pets!
Our wide selection of pet-friendly vacation homes makes it easy to vacation with your furry friend(s) in tow. While you enjoy the ease of no additional pet fees and no need to find a pet sitter, your pet will love the car ride, quality time with the family and the joy of romping around nature’s ultimate playground.
Pets are permitted in homes that list “Pets Allowed” in the description (NO EXCEPTIONS). Some pet-friendly homes have specific restrictions regarding the number, size or type of pet noted in the individual description. A violation of the pet policy is cause for termination of tenancy. Unless otherwise advertised, a maximum of two pets is allowed. Pets are not permitted in pools or hot tubs.View Pet Friendly Outer Banks Rentals
Pet Friendly Rules by Town
- Nags Head: Leashed dogs are allowed on the beach year-round. Leashes cannot exceed 10 feet in length.
- Kill Devil Hills: Dogs are not permitted on the beach between the hours of 9:00 am to 6:00 pm from May 15th through September 15th, unless they are aiding the handicapped. At all other times, leashed dogs are permitted on the beaches.
- Kitty Hawk: Dogs are permitted on public beaches. From the Friday before Memorial Day until the day after Labor Day, between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm, dogs must be on a leash not exceeding 6 feet. At all other times, dogs must be restrained on a leash retractable to 12 feet. Dogs may be taken off the leash only if they will not disturb other people on the beach. Unleashed dogs must be controlled by the handler, who must remain within 30 feet and carry the dog’s leash at all times.
- Southern Shores: Dogs are not allowed on the beach between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm from May 15th through September 15th. A leash law is enforced the remainder of the year, and leashes cannot exceed 10 feet in length.
- Duck: Beaches are pet-friendly year-round. Dogs are allowed to play unleashed on the beach under close supervision of the owner. Dogs are required to be leashed when in the village or at Duck Town Park.
- Corolla: Beaches are pet-friendly year-round. Leashes are required, but there are no length requirements.
- 4x4 Beaches: Beaches are pet-friendly year-round. Leashes are required, but there are no length requirements.