Those living or vacationing in the 4x4 beaches of Corolla are perhaps the most tide-dependent on the Outer Banks. For them the sand is the thoroughfare and low tide is king.
- Shell seekers wait for the sea to retreat and leave its treasures behind.
- Surfers have their best sessions on the incoming tide.
- Fishermen prefer a tide running in or out with hope of catching fish while they’re feeding.
- Swimmers should be alert to the potential for stronger rip currents when the tide is low.
- Check Twiddy’s customized tide chart feature to find the tides for when you need them most.