Twiddy & Company is a family owned and operated company specializing in Outer Banks rentals on the coast of North Carolina for nearly 40 years. The Twiddy & Company Scholarship was created for students interested in Hospitality Management and Data Analytics. We encourage all students in related fields of Business, Hospitality, Statistics, Engineering and Marketing to apply. In addition, since we value the opportunity to study abroad so highly, our scholarship is open to those looking to expand their horizons as well. It is also encouraged for applicants to familiarize themselves with our search results. Recipients receive a $1,000 - $5,000 scholarship for tuition reimbursement.
Eligibility: Please carefully review the eligibility requirements before completing the application. We do not require a familarity with the Outer Banks but we encourage all applicants to learn about the area before applying. A selection committee will review applications based on the following requirements.
- Enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s or master’s program of a related discipline, i.e. business, statistics, hospitality or spa management, and pursuing a hospitality management/leadership hospitality entrepreneurial-related career.
- Has completed or is enrolled in courses with a strong emphasis in business, management, analytics and/or entrepreneurship.
- Has a minimum GPA (or international equivalent) of 3.0.
- Is involved in on- or off-campus organizations or clubs and demonstrates leadership roles held in such organizations or clubs.
- Submits the following required materials with your application:
- A 1000-3500 word essay on one of the following topics:
- What does “family vacation” mean to you?
- How will the evolution of technology influence the hospitality industry?
- What lessons have you learned in school that will impact your career in the field of choice?
- Original college transcripts that include evidence of courses taken and current GPA (or international equivalent);
- Two reference letters;
- A professional resume.
Entry for the Twiddy Scholarship Program for 2017 is now closed. The winner will be announced and posted here by April 23 . After April 23, we will begin taking entries for the 2018-2019 applicants.