Check-In and Check-Out Information
Duck Office: 1181 Duck Road, Duck, NC 27949
Our Duck office is approximately 5 miles north of Kitty Hawk on NC-12. The office is located on the right side of the road. Vacation homes located in Southern Shores, Duck, Pine Island, Pine Island Reserve, The Currituck Club, Spindrift and Ocean Sands check-in and out at this location. These homes have home numbers with the prefixes A-G.
Corolla Office: 1142 Ocean Trail, Corolla, NC 27927
Our Corolla office is approximately 21 miles north of Kitty Hawk on NC-12. The office is located on the left side of the road just after the Currituck Lighthouse. Vacation homes located in Ocean Lake, Crown Point, Buck Island, Whalehead, Corolla Light, Corolla Village, Ocean Hill, Villages at Ocean Hill, Ocean Beach, Seagull Beach, Swan Beach, North Swan Beach and Carova Beach check-in and out at this location. These homes have home numbers with the prefixes GOL-V.
Check-In: Begins at 4:00 pm
All efforts are made to have homes ready by check-in time, but we cannot guarantee the exact time of occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances. Housekeeping and maintenance personnel must provide services between occupancies for every home.
A limited number of 1:00 pm check-ins are available on a first-come-first-served basis for $110.00 plus tax. Requests must be made and confirmed by phone and paid for in advance of arrival. The fee applies whether or not you arrive by the designated time. Services such as pool and hot tub cleaning and some maintenance calls may not be completed prior to Early Check-In and guests should anticipate service personnel arriving throughout the afternoon and early evening.
For guests arriving after regular business hours, keys or a keyless entry code and directions to your vacation home will be left in the After-Hours Exchange box if your balance is paid in full and we have your signed lease. These boxes are located beside each office’s main entrance door.
All homes are cleaned prior to guest arrival and upon guest departure. For those vacationing longer than one week, mid-stay cleaning and linen services are available (once per week). These services are complimentary, but must be requested in advance. Please contact our office as soon as possible if you would like to make arrangements.
Check-Out: 10:00 am
Check-out time is 10:00 am for all homes without exception. Keys should be returned to your check-in office by 10:00 am. Guests departing keyless entry homes do not need to come to our office for check-out, but entry codes will expire at 10:00 am. Each office has an After-Hours Exchange box for early departures. Departure instructions are in the Twiddy Guest Directory, on the back of the check-in packet guests receive at check-in, as well as listed below:
- Check-out time is 10:00 am without exception.
- Remove all food from the refrigerator and leave the temperature setting at medium.
- Please leave all linens on beds and towels in the rooms for which they were provided.
- Place all trash in the home's outdoor trash receptacles and roll them to the curb the night before the scheduled collection days. See collection schedule on page 5 of your Guest Directory.
- Load and start the dishwasher.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Set thermostat to 75 degrees for AC or 55 degrees for heat.
- Check all rooms and outdoor areas for personal belongings.
- Tidy up outside including the decks, yard and pool area, if applicable.
- Clean the grill with the brush provided.
- Return the keys and any completed forms to your check-in office. If you depart before our office opens, please leave keys and forms in the After-Hours Exchange box.
- Guests departing keyless entry homes do not need to come to our office for check-out, but entry codes will expire at 10:00 am. Please turn in your survey at the most convenient Twiddy office or mail it to us once you return home.