Largely regarded as the most majestic of wild horses, "The Black Stallion" is hailed as the most regal of luxury vacation homes. The Main House and Pool House are comprised of over 20,000 square feet, and house a total of 24 bedrooms in the prestigious Currituck Club golfing community. Decking is ample, and when paired with beautifully landscaped grounds and spectacular pool facilities, a perfect environment for outdoor festivities is created.
A dramatic open spiral staircase spans all three levels of the Main House and is immediately evident upon entering the second level Grand Foyer. This magnificent architectural element, paired with an opulent chandelier, creates the perfect backdrop for a remarkable grand entrance. Surrounding the staircase on this level is an impressive great room with a towering gas fireplace, a Boston baby grand piano, as well as a sizeable dining room seating over fifty people. This area abuts an expansive deck, ideal for al fresco dinner parties. Adjacent to the dining area is a mix of a residential and commercially styled kitchen facility, which is a chef's dream. Moving from the epicenter of this floor is one of the three impressive wings of the Main House, holding seven master bedrooms, six having private balconies.
Two large living areas, an enclosed playroom, a suite comprised of two adjoining rooms, and four bedrooms may be found encircling the third level of the staircase. This floor's wing contains six master bedrooms, five of which have private balconies.
Within the ground level of "The Black Stallion", one will find a lounge and commercially styled bar fit with shelves and a keg tap for the thirstiest of herds. This bar opens to the outdoors through sliding windows, and is equipped to handle your entire party. A recreation room, along with four large master bedroom suites, are located on this level, but perhaps the most surprising element to this floor is the additional 1,750 sf finished garage area which houses arcade games, recreational activities, and can be converted to multiple uses. The area has multiple carriage doors and sliders, which open to create an unenclosed atmosphere. An outdoor patio area is ideal for all types of gatherings. Inside, the ground floor garage area connects to its own service bar equipped with a keg tap, wine and beer cooler, as well as a prep area stocked with a three basin sink, steel prep tables, and commercial style ice maker conceived to make catering a breeze. Two elevators, which service all floors of the Main House, are handicap accessible on this level.
A walkway connects the Main House to the pool complex, which contains a large pool area and the Pool House. The first level of the Pool House contains a recreation room with a pool table, as well as a sauna and exercise room. An indoor bar opens up to an outside bar and grilling area through sliding windows. The outdoor bar overlooks the pool and is a perfect place to gather and watch sports on two flat screen TVs while utilizing the built-in keg tap.
The second level of the Pool House is designed to offer privacy and contains the exclusive "Black Stallion" Grand Suite. The ambiance of the suite is heightened by dramatic lighting and a three sided glass fireplace, which is overlooking a vintage claw foot slipper tub and tiled walk-in shower with a glass enclosure. Additional design elements such as coastal accents, hardwood flooring, a private covered balcony overlooking the pool, and wet bar are integrated to ensure the paramount of luxury. A spacious walk-in closet is also available and provides plenty of space to house formal attire for you and your guests.
"The Black Stallion" embodies the perfect assortment of luxury, comfort, location and practicality, while the Currituck Club offers a wide range of amenities, paired with an award-winning golf course. There are trolley stops throughout the community, offering a short free ride to the beach Memorial Day through Labor Day. All guests may also use community pools, tennis courts, clubhouse and fitness center.
The Main House
- L1: Four large MBR suites (K/2T, K/2T, K/T, K); family room with commercial style indoor bar; rec room with pool table; two handicap friendly bathrooms with two stalls each; laundry with two washers and two dryers; dining area with adjoining service bar and prep rooms; large outdoor patio area.
- L2: Seven MBRs (K, K, K, K, K, K, K) six with private balconies; grand foyer; great room with gas fireplace; den; dining area; fully equipped commercial style kitchen including ten gas burners, two ovens, four dishwashers, two refrigerators, two freezers, two microwaves, prep space, sinks, and large pantry; sitting area; two half baths; laundry.
- L3: Seven MBRs (K, K, K, K, K, K, K); MBR (K) adjoining to BR (K); two BRs (K, K) with shared bath; BR (2BS); full bath; living area with playroom; sitting area; laundry.
The Pool House
- L1: Rec room with pool table and foosball; sauna room; work out room; indoor bar connected to an outdoor bar by sliding windows, keg tap and grilling area by sliding windows; two handicap friendly bathrooms with two stalls each; large pool area.
- L2: "The Black Stallion" Grand Suite (K) with three-sided gas fireplace; lavish master bathroom with vintage claw foot slipper tub, tiled shower with glass enclosure and private water closet; spacious walk-in closet; covered balcony overlooking pool.
- Extras: Multiple TVs, saltwater pool, reduced greens fees at The Currituck Club, reduced greens fees at the Kilmarlic Golf Club, wild horse tours (six free tour slots per rental, additional guests save 20%), and two elevators.
We are currently accepting Advance Property Holds for all available weeks in 2017 in this vacation home. The Advance Property Hold fee is $1,500.