Travel Insurance Quick Tips
- Who does it cover?
It covers everyone on the same booking (not available for Quebec residents).
- What does it cover?
Travel Insurance includes coverage for travel delay, baggage loss, injury, illness, or death in the family, and weather events including hurricane evacuation.
- How much does it cost?
7.25% of the rental fee and taxes.
- Is Travel Insurance Taxed?
The Travel Insurance Plan is not taxed.
- When is the latest the insurance can be purchased?
The insurance plan can be purchased up until the final trip payment is made or 30 days prior to arrival, whichever comes first (not available for Quebec residents). If a reservation is made within 30 days of the scheduled arrival date, the insurance plan can be purchased on the day of booking only.
- How do I file a claim?
The contact number to Travel Guard is 1-877-249-5376. Please call them directly and have the following information ready.
- Is my specific situation covered?
Please contact Travel Guard directly for case specific situations. The contact number to Travel Guard is 1-877-249-5376.
Travel Insurance is offered on all lease agreements (not available for Quebec residents). We strongly recommend that you make it a part of your vacation plans. When it comes to travel problems before, during and after your trip, The All Seasons Travel Plan through Travel Guard can help. The plan offers some of today’s best available insurance coverage for vacationers to help with common travel problems such as flight delays, medical emergencies, unpredictable weather, including hurricanes, and lost or damaged luggage. The plan also includes a complete suite of 24-hour travel assistance services available for virtually any request from roadside assistance to restaurant reservations.
Travel Insurance Covers...
The All Seasons Travel Plan covers your pre-paid non-refundable trip expenses; additional information regarding the insurance is available below. The non-refundable cost for this travel insurance is based on your total balance due and is not subject to tax. The cost for the insurance plan is included in your initial balance due, but you may decline the coverage if you wish to do so. The initial balance due would then be the amount indicated on your lease, less the cost of the insurance (also indicated on your lease). We strongly urge you to purchase Travel Insurance to cover your vacation investment, as no refunds will be offered, even in the case of a mandatory hurricane evacuation (not available for Quebec residents). If you have questions, please contact Travel Guard at 1-877-249-5376. Please reference product number 008635 P1.
For a brief description of the coverage(s) available, please view our Travel Guard's All Seasons Travel Plan flyer.
Travel Insurance Frequently asked Questions provided through Travel Guard
Q. Why should I purchase travel insurance for my vacation?
A. You've saved, you've waited, and now you're all set to travel. Preparing for your trip includes covering yourself for unfortunate occurrences that could interfere with even your best-laid plans. By purchasing a travel insurance plan (not available for Quebec residents), you can insure yourself for covered cancellation penalties, medical costs, as well as gain access to a wide range of traveler's assistance services.
Did you know that the insurance plan could cover you if:
- Someone in your family suffers illness or injury, even if they aren't scheduled to travel with you
- You become ill and can't travel or your child comes down with the chicken pox and you are quarantined
- You or a traveling companion loses a job and have been with the employer for at least one year
- Weather prevents you from leaving home and reaching your destination
- A family member passes away and you must return from your vacation early
- Your luggage or sports equipment is lost or delayed by the airline
- You twist your ankle and must visit a physician while traveling
- Other unforeseeable events as listed in the Description of Coverage
What is included in the plan?
- Trip Cost - Trip Cancellation & Interruption (covers trip costs up to $100,000)
Per Booking Coverage
Covers your trip investment if you must cancel or interrupt your trip due to covered reasons such as sickness, injury or death to you, a traveling companion, family member, business partner or service animal; inclement weather; mechanical break down of a common carrier, being subpoenaed or required to serve on jury duty, being called into active military service or having leave revoked or being reassigned, involuntary termination or layoff of employment or if your principal residence or destination is made uninhabitable.
- $600 - Trip Delay ($200 per day)
Per Person Coverage
Reimburses for the purchase of essential items (i.e. meals, hotels, etc.) if delayed for 12 or more hours because of a carrier caused delay, lost/stolen passport, travel documents or money, quarantine, natural disaster, injury or sickness of the insured or a traveling companion.
- $1,000 - Baggage Delay ($200 per day)
Per Person Coverage
If your baggage is delayed for more than 12 hours, you can be reimbursed for the purchase of essential items (i.e. clothing, toiletries, etc.)
- $1,250 Baggage, Sportsman Equipment and Personal Effects
Per Person Coverage
Reimburses you if your baggage is lost, stolen, or damaged while on your trip.
- $25,000 - Medical Expense ($1,000 Dental)
Per Person Coverage
Covers emergency medical expenses incurred while traveling; includes emergency dental treatment.
- $525,000 - Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains
Per Person Coverage
Covers evacuation expenses to the nearest adequate medical facility (or home in the event of death or if medically required) as well as a medical escort if deemed necessary.
- $25,000 – Car Rental Collision Coverage
Per Car Coverage
$25,000 in primary coverage! Covers cost of repairs for damage due to covered reasons to a rental car, up to the limit of coverage, for which the car rental contract holds you responsible.
- The following non-insurance services are included and provided by Travel Guard:
Travel Medical Assistance
Worldwide Travel Assistance
LiveTravel® Emergency Assistance
Detailed Pre-Trip Travel Advisories
Identity Theft (Not available to residents of NY state)
Pet Return Service
Vehicle Return Service
$100 Roadside Assistance (per car)* Assistance includes: Towing, flat tire, lock-out and battery assistance as well as oil, fluid & water delivery service
*Roadside Assistance service provided by Coach-net Services Inc.
- Q. Are the benefits listed per insured or per booking?
A. The benefits for Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption are the total per booking. For example if the insured purchased travel insurance coverage for a trip costing a total of $2,000, this would be the maximum reimbursement allowable under trip cancellation or interruption for that booking. All other coverages are per person with the exception of the Car Rental Collision Coverage which is per car coverage.
- Q. Will my current homeowners, renters policies, health insurance plan or coverage through my credit card cover me during my trip?
A. Other insurance programs may not offer coverage while you travel due to the terms, conditions, and limitations of the program. Most people don't have any insurance coverage at all if they must cancel their trip. This insurance plan has a wide range of travel benefits, which other insurance coverage may not provide. The medical coverage included in this insurance plan can be vital for people whose health insurance plans do not pay for medical expenses incurred outside of the United States (e.g., Medicare, certain HMO's, etc.) The coverage in this plan is primary.
- Q. I have a pre-existing medical condition; will the plan cover me?
A. Even if you have a medical condition that has been unstable in the last 60 days, you should still consider purchasing this insurance plan, because if you enroll in the plan and pay for it within 21 days of your initial deposit the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion will be waived. So long as you are medically able to travel at time of purchase, having the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion waived may be the easiest way to help alleviate doubt as to coverage due to chronic medical conditions. There are some excluded conditions to which the waiver would not be applicable, such as anxiety related mental or nervous disorders. Please refer to the Exclusions section of the Description of Coverage for complete details.
- Q. One of the covered reasons listed under trip cancellation is “Sickness, Injury or death of an Insured, Family Member, Traveling Companion, Service Animal or Business Partner”. What is the definition of a Family Member, Business Partner and Service Animal?
A. The family member definition means the Insured’s or Traveling Companion’s spouse, Domestic Partner, Child, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, brother, sister, mother, father, grandparents, grandchild, step-child, stepbrother, step-sister, step-parents, parents-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, legal guardian, foster child, ward, or legal ward. The Business Partner definition means a person who: (1) is involved with the Insured or the Insured’s Traveling Companion in a legal partnership; and (2) is actively involved in the daily management of the business. The Service Animal definition means any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including, but not limited to, guiding persons with impaired vision, alerting persons with impaired hearing to intruders or sounds, providing animal protection or rescue work, pulling a wheelchair, or fetching dropped items.
- Q. Given the current economy, what if my spouse loses his/her job?
A. The All Seasons Travel Plan includes trip cancellation/interruption coverage due to involuntary termination or layoff which occurs more than 14 days after an Insured’s effective date of coverage. Only one year of employment with the same employer is required. If you or one of your traveling companions loses a job through no fault of his or her own and needs to cancel or interrupt the trip, this plan can provide reimbursement of non-refundable pre-paid travel expenses.
- Q. What if I need transportation due to medical reasons and I am unable to get prior authorization from Travel Guard?
A. We always instruct our customers to contact local medical services during an emergency for immediate medical attention, or evacuation if necessary, and then notify Travel Guard as soon as is reasonably possible. Payment arrangements for your evacuation will depend on the nature of your particular situation and should be discussed with Travel Guard.
- Q: Will my vacation be covered if I cancel due to a hurricane?
A: You can be reimbursed if the property that you are staying at is inaccessible or uninhabitable within 30 days after the named hurricane causes the damage. Leaseholders residing in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah and Washington should review their STATE SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION OF COVERAGE at www.travelguard.com/fulfillment or by calling 1-877-249-5376 before purchasing travel insurance.
- Q. Is there help while I'm traveling?
A. One of the valued benefits included in this insurance plan are the 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services. Travel Guard is a leader in this field. With Travel Guard, you have access to the services of a highly trained, multi-lingual staff around the clock to assist you with such emergencies as cash transfers, lost documents, medical or legal monitoring, and referrals. They are also equipped to respond in many unexpected circumstances. If an emergency should arise during your trip, call Travel Guard immediately and give the details of your problem or medical emergency.
- Q. Where can I call for more information?
A. You may call Travel Guard at 1-877-249-5376, with any questions regarding the travel insurance plan. Their service representatives will be happy to assist you.
- Q. When is the latest the insurance plan can be purchased?
A. The plan can be purchased up until the final trip payment is made or 30 days prior to arrival, whichever comes first (not available for Quebec residents). If a booking is made within 30 days of the scheduled arrival date, you can purchase the insurance plan the day of the booking only.
- Q. How do I file a claim?
A. In the event of a claim, please notify your booking agent immediately. Then call Travel Guard at 1.877.249.5376 and refer to product #008635 P1 to start your claim.
- Q. Does the coverage vary based on where I live?
A. Leaseholders residing in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah and Washington should review their STATE SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION OF COVERAGE at www.travelguard.com/fulfillment, by clicking the appropriate link below or by calling 1-877-249-5376 before purchasing the travel insurance plan. Travel Insurance is not available for Quebec residents.
- Pennsylvania: content.travelguard.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=21088
- New York: content.travelguard.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=21086
- New Hampshire: content.travelguard.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=21084
- Indiana: content.travelguard.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=21083
- Florida: content.travelguard.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=21082
- Oregon, Georgia, Utah: content.travelguard.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=21087
- Washington: content.travelguard.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=21089
- Nationwide: content.travelguard.com/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=21081
This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available under policy series T30337NUFIC. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of coverage are contained in the Policy. If there is any conflict between the contents of this document and the Policy, the Policy will govern in all cases. Insurance underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania insurance company, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, New York, NY 10038. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. NAIC No. 19445. Coverage may not be available in all states. Non-insurance services are provided by Travel Guard.
Click here for the Travel Insurance Description of Coverage document to get more information.
For additional questions please do not hesitate to call Twiddy & Company or Travel Guard.
Travel Insurance Claim Procedure
The contact number to Travel Guard is 1-877-249-5376.
The Insured must call Travel Guard as soon as reasonably possible, and be prepared with specifics as to the loss suffered (i.e. Mandatory Evacuation). The claim forms must be sent back to Travel Guard no more than 90 days after a covered loss occurs or ends.
Coverage is valid only if plan cost has been paid.
Below is some information needed to process a claim through Travel Guard:
- The name of the company that arranged the trip: Twiddy & Company.
- Insured’s Name: Leaseholder’s name
- Proof of Reason: Twiddy & Company will inform Travel Guard that the vacation home is not available due to a mandatory evacuation.
- Reimbursement Form: Once Travel Guard is called and they receive the information, a claim form will be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to you.
- Type & Amount of loss: Mandatory Evacuation & How many days missed.
- Proof of trip and insurance payment: Please refer to the lease agreement and/or Cancelled Check/ Credit Card Statement.
- Claim Number/Product Number: 008635 P1